• System Design: November 2015
• System Installation: January 2016
• System Commissioned: March 2016
Client: Very happy customer
To be disconnected from the grid and stop utilizing their diesel generator, in other terms, to run 24/7 on solar energy.
• 105 x 305W Solar PV panels
• 3 x 10 kVA Victron Quattro inverter
• 5 x Victron MPTT 150/85 regulator
• 96 x 2V 850Ah SunLight OPzV deep cycle battery
• 1 x Color Control GX
• All lights changed to LEDs
To make this system work perfectly the GoShop team replaced all high demanding appliances by low consumptions or solar appliances.
The stand-alone solar system has many advantages including:
• co-locating the power control equipment in one location;
• no servicing;
• no OPEX;
This system provides a neat, practical and sustainable alternative to traditional diesel power for remote locations or locations where the grid is unstable.
The client is very happy with the installation and it travelled through so far without any issue.
The site no longer has to run on diesel fuel, saving thousands of US dollar in fuel and maintenance costs every year.
This shows that diesel is not the best option.